Sunday, March 07, 2021

October 2020

 We loved kicking off the month watching general conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! There are so many golden nuggets of information and it’s always inspires me to make better choices and set goals to align my will more with him! I always take notes and write thoughts on what is being said. 

The following week we celebrated our youngest girl Olivia turning 3! I feel like I just had her and can’t believe she is a walking, talking, big girl! She has lots of questions for me and is curious about everything! She has taken a shy spell lately  and hides behind me when other family, friends, and strangers talk to her. I wish she was not so shy around others and hopefully she will grow out of that because she told me she wants me to be her teacher instead of going to preschool next year. She loves to play with cousins, siblings, and her bestie our dog Harley. She loves to tote him around and always asks to bring him with us on errands. She loves riding bikes to feed the horses and she loves reading books, playing with barbies/dolls, and going to the lake. She has such a bright smile. Wyatt is definitely her buddy and watches out for her which is sweet! She always says “mom, when I get big and older I am going to drive your car or I am going to wipe my self or I am going to play soccer.” She is the typical youngest child and gets doted and and can be bossy. We sure love every ounce of her personality and boy does she have a big personality! For her birthday we did all her favorite things and she had her first friends party with her two best friends Olivia Wardrup and Pearl Rogers. We played pin the horn on the unicorn, and other fun games. 

The third week we headed to one of our favorite places Newport Beach in California. We soaked up the perfect weather, great food, and lots of time making memories. Our kids sure love boogie boarding, collecting shells and crabs, and building sand castles. They also tried surfing briefly but did not like it too much because the waves were huge! 

Shortly after getting back from our trip we found out Jon was being called to the new bishopric in our church. He was called as one of the councelor’s and it has been busy ever since. He is over the children 11 and younger, the deacons, and helps with anything the bishop and ward needs. My dad was able to give him a blessing and ordain him a high priest. Jon has taken this calling head on and I get people complimenting him all the time and telling me how much they appreciate his service! He is busy and has to lean to balance this new demand on his time but the blessings are there and he is a better man for serving.

Sadly Wyatt broke his arm for the second time this year and we are so grateful for good doctors who took care of him. Same arm but this time he shattered the elbow. Another cast for 6 weeks and then taking it easy for 6 more weeks after that. He was trying his new skateboard out and within five minutes fell and broke his elbow. 

We ended the month with lots of Halloween celebrations amid candy! Due to COVID we couldn’t do our normal neighborhood party but the kids still had class parties and got to do trick or treating. We are happy and healthy and couldn’t feel more blessed during these odd trying times of elections duels and pandemics.

The elections are getting heated and the republicans and democrats can’t seem to agree on anything. It is a scary place to be in history when it seems we are letting bad habits repeat themselves and new bad habits are starting. I voted for Trump because his policies aligned more with what I want for our country and I am just scared of what Biden and is running mate Kamala Harris will do with our country. Other than that we went to lots of soccer games, football games and cheered our kiddos on! They are all doing great and making us proud!











































































































No comments: