Friday, March 12, 2021

January 2021

 Wow what a year! There are lots of jokes swirling around about how last year was just a taste of craziness of what this year will hold. I am not going to lie that there is some degree of me that is cringing at the thought of the ups and downs that occurred last year with COVID, but I am also optimistic that this year will bring growth just like last year did regardless of the storm brewing around us. The last year brought racial tension, political tension, religious tension, and of course the lock down of life as we knew it. I feel like even with all of that I was always able to find peace when I studied my scriptures, prayed for guidance, and listened to the modern prophets direction. I was grateful our prophet gave the revelation ahead of time to do our own personal study as a family called come follow me. It goes along with our studies at church and we were able to already have systems in place and manuals to use when everything got shut down. We as a family spent more time together studying the scriptures than ever and we heard each others testimonies more than ever! How neat is that! We are anxiously awaiting the temples to reopen but we have been challenged to keep our temple recommends current and also do indexing and family search. We as church do the work for those who have passed on and didn’t have the opportunity to accept the gospel of Jesus Christ her on earth. I feel seen to the temple more than ever but I am happy I had the extra budge to make our home a temple of sorts where we could feel the spirit and discuss ways in which we could become more like our savior! This year I hope we can learn to accept change with a positive attitude while remaining true to ourselves! The world is becoming increasingly more wicked but that doesn’t mean there aren’t still good righteous people serving and providing inspiring examples. Wow I did t mean to go on a tangent but as I was reflecting the words just kept coming. I am so grateful for my family and the strength they give me and the courage they give me to do hard things! The kids are so resilient! Jon has been blessed with a growing pest control business and has really taken his job as councelor in our bishopric seriously! I get so many people in our ward stopping me to tell me they are so thankful for him! I am too! He is my rock! I can get a little crazy when I am low on sleep or when I am thrown a curve ball! He makes it all ok and always remains positive! This year I hope to gain better control of my health with exercise and nutrition! Wish me luck:) last year I exercised pretty regularly but I still need to eat healthier. Anyway the month of January the kids were at home the whole month doing online school! It was difficult to not be able to be in the classroom with their teachers and peers but we made it work with as little tears and breakdowns as possible! The boys and Sophia started basketball and Bailey continues playing for her club soccer team. Sophia really took to basketball and thinks that will be her favorite sport! She is a natural and we had fun watching her dribble, pass, shoot, and rebound! We joined friends at a new park in Gilbert, went out motorcycle riding multiple times sometimes with friends and family and other times jussi with our family. At the end of the month Jon and I took a quick trip with Bishop Ward and a few other couples to their cabin on Payson AZ. It was nice to be in such a beautiful place with such wonderful couples. We got to play games, hike, and eat good food! It started snowing that night and into the next day. Luckily we left when we did because they got 3ft. of snow by the next day! 
















































































No comments: