Monday, November 02, 2020

August through September 2020

 I am going to sum up these two months in one post because they were very similar. August was a hard difficult month mentally! The kids were supposed to start school and instead they had to start online at home. This proved to be very difficult for me, their wonderful teachers, and the kids! Lots of technical issues, phone calls, zoom calls, emails, and misunderstandings had my head spinning. I feel sad that I really let this situation get to me and make me super negative! I feel like we were just being strung along by the district and it was not a good feeling: I went with several other members of my community and protested with greens signs at the district offices to let our voices be heard that we wanted and needed our kids back in school. You see the risk to them of getting covid was way less then having permanent mental and learning damage. Sadly during this time of the pandemic many people are dying from mental illness because it is just too much for them to handle. I didn’t want my kids to be affected but they were. However, our kids were champs and for the most part just got to work and rolled with the punches. After a whole month and a half we all started getting discouraged. What made it even harder is that our friends families were all making different decisions for them. Some were pulling there kids and putting them at charter or private schools. Some were doing home school and others micro prenda schools. I really had to pray hard for direction and answers for our family. I didn’t want to make a wrong choice and I felt so much pressure to make sure my kids were getting the best education they could. I felt like I was in between a rock and a hard place. No where to turn as everyone was confused and facing the same situation. Praying to my Heavenly Father and reading my scriptures and spending time as a family working together to make the best of the situation was what got us through. I did enjoy seeing their school work, working on assignments, and eating lunch with them. We also had more freedom to go so things in the afternoon when school was over. So there were some positives. We went to the lake and still enjoyed kids sports. Bentley and Wyatt in football and Bailey and Sophia in soccer. Those were good distractions from all the craziness going on. The media and politics of our nation are corrupt and so it is hard not to feel some anxiety about where the world and our country in particular is headed. I find peace in listening to our prophet and the leaders of our church for guidance. Poor Olivia during this time got ignored when I had the demands of helping four kids navigate the world of online assignments and class zoom meetings. Prayers were answered and by the end of September we finally met the health benchmarks for opening schools. We were all so happy and I saw an immediate change in my kids and myself. Jon was busy with work this whole time and not much changed for him so he seemed unaffected other than worrying about me and the kids because I felt like I was drowning. It seems dramatic but it was true. It is sad that some are getting covid and even losing family members, but to shut down schools and businesses instead of taking extra precautions just seems ludicrous! Most of the country is not getting covid and if they are it has been very mild. We deal with the flu and other health issues and we don’t shit everything down over those so why now over the corona virus? It seems like evil people at the top are trying to orchestrate and use this virus as a way to control people. I’m not buying it. I will stand up for my rights and freedoms until the day I die. Well that about sums up the COVID-19/ school debacle. We enjoyed supporting the kids in their games. Bailey had a tournament against some difficult teams that were twice her size but she held her own. I was so impressed with her skills. Bentley and Wyatt are both doing well on their football teams. Sophia has loved kindergarten despite all the hurdles to get back to in person learning. She loves her teacher and her classmates. Olivia is quickly became more little girl than toddler. She is potty trained, rides a bike with training wheels, scooters, totes around Harley our new puppy on her hip and plays barbies and dollys until her hearts content. Harley has doubles in size and is super popular with our kids and all the neighbors. Everyone always says how small and cute he is. I agree! He has many accidents and having a new dog hasn’t come without sacrifice and training but I sure am glad we have him to brighten our days. 

















































































No comments: