Monday, January 14, 2019

November 2018

In November we had family pictures taken. I always love the beautiful picture that turns out but getting to that point takes a lot of blood sweat and tears. I can't believe how fast our family has grown! Its weird to think that just nine years ago we only had one baby! I sure enjoy each child and am really learning a lot about my strengths and weaknesses in the process of being a mom! After pictures Bailey had a fun Horse riding party to attend at her friend Brighton's Ranch. Then that night what seemed to be the perfect day turned ugly. I got all the kids in bed and Jon informed me he had a hockey game and that he wasn't planning on going but his team was short on guys. I begged him to stay but he left anyway. An hour after he left I got a phone call from Jon telling me that he broke his wrist badly and he needed me to take him to the hospital. I wasn't sure what I was going to do but I said yes and hung up the phone. I had five sleeping kids, was half asleep myself, and I needed to find someone to come over and stay for what would end up being all night. I looked at my phone but didn't want to call and wake anyone. So I went outside and looked up my street to see if any neighbors lights were on. Luckily my prayers were answered and my awesome neighbors across the street came to my rescue. Leann Rothlisberger came and I was able to go to take Jon to the hospital and stay with him. He shattered his wrist and had to have surgery on it. They put a metal plate and screws in to hold everything together and there is still a floating bone that they are hoping will reattach on it's own. I am glad for modern medicine, answered prayers, and amazing neighbors that would help me in a pinch. It is very slow and painstaking watching Jon gain flexibility and strength back in his wrist. He wasn't able to help me with much over about two months of November and December which made things hard on me and him. I am glad it is healing now and he is able to use it more. I also appreciate the love and help we received during that time. Neighbors brought meals, treats, and well wishes were sent our way. Prayers were definitely answered and I hope Jon will be more careful if he continues to play a dangerous sport like Hockey. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at my aunt Corina's house and enjoyed spending time with all our extended family on the Curtis side. We truly have so many things to be grateful for and we feel blessed most of all for family, our faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and for the friends we have. Last, but not least we celebrated our Sophia turning four with a fun Mermaid party at our house. We played freeze dance, ate mermaid cupcakes, had a mermaid scavenger hunt, and a mermaid piƱata. Sophia was bursting with excitement and had the biggest smile the whole day! We sure love that girl and her spunky personality. She can be sweet, funny, and michevious all at once. She is super talented and is really improving with her speech. She loves riding her bike, dancing, singing, and telling jokes. Her teacher at school says she is super smart and is so helpful with the other kids in their class. We are the luckiest to have Sophia in our family! The boys finished up football and did well coming in second, and Bailey finished her soccer season strong.

No comments: