Sunday, December 17, 2017

Olivia's first month

Our sweet angel is here! Olivia Joy Anderson joined our family October 9th 2017 at 5:45 pm weighing in at 8lbs 3 oz and measuring 21 inches long. She is one of our biggest babies and the first that I went into labor with naturally. My contractions started shortly after my doctors appointment Monday morning. They got progressively worse fast. I was trying to get the house cleaned, lunch made for the kids because they were home for fall break, and as I was doing this I would have to stop every three minutes because the contractions were taking my breath away. I thought I was having contractions the Saturday before and went into the hospital but they sent me home citing false labor.... So this time around I was going to make sure I didn't go in unless it was the real deal. Because of that I waited and waited until the pain got so bad I called Jon at work and told him it was time and he needed to come take me to the hospital. I also called my mom and had her come get the kids for me. My neighbor and Michael my brother were also there to help lend support. I was in so much pain and when we got to the hospital they got me to a room once they realized it was my fifth baby and I was having contractions so close together. Im glad they did because it took awhile to get the epidural and once they gave it to me they had me lay on my side and my water broke. That was also a first! My doctor got there just in time because when he checked me to see how dilated I was he said I am going to go change, its game time! Once Dr. Leonard was back I gave three hard pushes and out came our Beautiful baby girl. There is nothing like seeing your child for the first time and hearing their sweet cries. I am thankful for the spirit that is their and the knowledge that she was sent to our family from a loving Heavenly Father up above. It is always an emotional time for Jon and I. They lay Olivia on my chest and let her stay there for quite some time after Jon cut the umbilical cord. I nursed her and she held her head up right away. My mom came too late to see the birth but just in time to see her snuggling with me. The next 24 hours was pretty predictable and the kids came to meet their knew sister. It was sweet to see them all love on her and hold her for the first time. That night was stressful because the doctor that came to check on her said that her jaundice levels were to high and that she need to have treatment for it! They needed us to wrap a glowing blanket that reduces Jaundice levels around Olivia for the night. They said if we didn't do this chances were she would have to stay in the hospital until her levels were down. I prayed so hard that she would be able to go home with us the next day but it was a long night! I also was told to feed Olivia formula and to pump which I am not happy about because while it helped flush out her jaundice, it made me produce too much milk and I ended up with a breast infection. Anyway, those are just some details I don't want to forget. We were happy to hear that the treatments worked and we could take Olivia home. We have loved having her join our family, and everyone has helped make that transition easier on me! Jon has helped more with the other kids and encouraging me to work through the pain and difficulties of nursing. Neighbors, friends, and family have helped bring in meals, take the kids, and visit with me. I am so thankful for earthly angels. It is not east to keep going on so little sleep and it is at times so exhausting I can hardly move. I wouldn't trade it for anything and I know the Lord helps me get through each day! He gives me strength , and patience beyond my own.




















 Bailey reading to Olivia
 Cousins Brody, Tate, Rex, and Colby holding the sweet princess





 Daddy diaper duty


 First Bath







 Cousins Julz and Belle




 Trying to get a nap











 My cousin Chelseas son Madden with Olivia. She is two weeks older


 First sweet smiles at 1 month





 Olivia noticing her toys






 Big brother Bentley

No comments: