Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Fourth of July

This year we stayed in Mesa to enjoy the Fourth of July festivities. It was hot! Humid hot! Of course we went swimming and had a fun BBQ to help keep cool. I made a fun spiraled red, white, and blue cake for the BBQ. It had white frosting and star sprinkles. We enjoyed visiting with my grandparents, family, and cousins. After that we loaded up the kids and headed to see the fire works. My mom had bought the kids glow in the dark bracelets they loved and the fireworks were amazing! We were right near by where they were shooting them off so it was quite the display to watch them explode in the dark night sky. Wyatt was scared at first but them quickly got used to them. I am so thankful for the men and women who served and serve our country! The freedoms I enjoy are due to their sacrifice and that is humbling to know. I am glad we get to take a day to honor these men and women who are so brave, and courageous!

No comments: