Friday, May 09, 2014

April was a whirlwind of a month! Lots of birthdays, trips, activities, and of course Easter!

April really seemed to come and go in the blink of an eye! At the beginning of the month we watched general conference which our church broadcasts every six months and where we here inspired words from our leaders! I am so grateful to be able to listen to the voice of a living prophet today who emulates my Savior Jesus Christ in every aspect of his life. I was also able to be uplifted and given hope to keep going and to not get overwhelmed by the wickedness in our world or trials that come my way! I am always strengthened when I feel like what they are saying was truly meant for me and I learn so much! The same weekend I had a Dental convention to attend in Phoenix! I am so lucky that for the past two years I have been able to attend with my dad and brother Chad! We listen to wonderful presenters and learn so much! It is also fun to go to the booths and see what is new in my profession. Another perk of this conference is that I get to hang out and go to lunch with my dad, brother, and some friends. It is so fun to run into people I haven't seen in awhile and this year I ran into an old classmate that I hadn't seen in 8 years! Jon was able to take the kids to a fun bike safety event while I was at the conference. They saw BMX pros doing all kinds of jumps and tricks, they played on the blow up water slides, and they ate great food! What a fun day in the sun with dad. Following this weekend we began the Easter celebrations. First, we attended the Easter pageant on the Mesa Temple grounds. This is a spectacular performance that tells about Jesus Christ's life and the betrayal he went through that eventually led to him sacrificing his life for us! It also had a wonderful message that he lives!! I have a testimony of this fact and I know that because Jesus Christ died for me and that he lives again, I can repent and be forgiven of my sins, I can forgive others, and I can one day live with my Heavenly Father and Jesus again! The Easter pageant is put on by volunteers and is a must see this time of year! Second, was a party with our ward. We had a delicious waffle breakfast with all sorts of toppings, and the kids had a blast playing in the bounce house and running around. They also did a fun easter egg hunt! We celebrated my sister Heidi turning 17 by going to spinnato's pizzeria. I can't believe she is getting so old! We have fun watching her do the high jump in track! The third Easter celebration was a BBQ at my parents house with all the cousins. We had yummy food, and desserts. The kids went swimming and played baseball. They also had fun doing an Easter egg hunt where some of them found lucky eggs with money in them. My Mom and Dad also got the boy cousins all Monster toy trucks and since Bailey was the only girl cousin there she got a cute pony! It is always so fun getting to visit with family and celebrate the holidays together! Sunday was Easter and I had been prepping the kids all month in FHE what the true meaning of Easter was and why we celebrate such a wonderful Holiday. Because they saw the Easter pageant they were able to follow along better with the things we were teaching them. I told them that they can live with Heavenly Father and Jesus again and they all were so happy! It is so cute to see their little minds grasp this amazing truth and I hope that they can one day fully know what their Savior Jesus Christ did for them and all mankind! Jons parents came into town right before church and we were able to attend church and here wonderful messages their! After I made a delicious Easter dinner by myself for the first time ever! It turned out well but was difficult with only one oven:) It was fun to have them here even if it was just for a short time. They went down to Elloy, AZ to sky dive for the rest of the week! The Tuesday after Easter we went to Oregano's to Celebrate the upcoming birthdays in my big family! My brother Kyles was the 23rd, Jons the 25th, and my dads May 8th! It was fun to get the whole group together minus Chads cute family that lives in Pinetop!(you were missed). We sang happy birthday and ate pizza cookies for dessert! On Friday it was Jon's 32nd birthday so I planned to take him on a date to dinner and a movie. We went with good friends Jade and Mike! Jon's parents also were able to come last minute and join us because the unusually windy weather for AZ made the sky diving team take a break! We were happy to have them there and enjoyed a nice dinner at the Cheesecake factory complete with birthday singing and cheesecake for dessert! We were at dinner for so long that we didn't have time for a movie so we just headed home. Dinner was fun though and we got to visit and catch up lots with our friends and Jon's parents. For Jon's birthday we had planned to go to Moab, Ut with his parents the following week and rent a Wild Cat to ride around in!(more on that in the next post) Other happenings were that Bailey got her Dance pictures done this month and she looked like a little angel princess in her dance costume! Wyatt learned to ride his scooter well, and got his last two molars. Bentley finished reading all the books in a series. He is doing so well and can read quite a few books now!

No comments: