Saturday, January 12, 2008

Christmas in Cancun


Jon and I had a very fun but interesting Christmas in Cancun. We were supposed to get there saturday afternoon on dec.21 but our plane was broken. The airline told us they couldn't get us there until monday but after alot of work I got another airline to get us there Sunday. However, we had to fly to phoenix, chicago, philidelphia and then cancun. It was nuts. When we got to the airport in Cancun it was chaos and then to make matters worse they lost our luggage for three days. needless to say we had a blast. Jons parents took me scuba diving for the first time. I jumped of a boat into 4 ft. waves and down I went... but not without panicking first. After much convincing that I would be able to breath 60 ft. below I went down. It was a blast. So neat to see the sea life. It is so colorful and beautiful. We saw huge tortises , eels, baracouda, and tons of other cool fish. We got to go snorkeling in underground caves that go for miles. We saw monkeys, igaunas, and all sort of other stuff. The highlight of my trip had to have been when I swam with Dolphins. I have always wanted to do that. I got to interact with them and do tricks with them. It was really cool. We saw the ruins in tulum which was a mayan city hanging over the ocean. It was awesome to imagine what life was like ther. Anyway, hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New year.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christi,

Looks like you had tons of fun. I still have the dolphin earrings you gave me when you went to my Great-Uncle's beach house. I think that would be tons of fun to swim with them.

Love,
Brooke Nielsen

P.S. Did you get my e-mail?

Rachel Hagen said...

We had a rough holiday traveling experience too...and with pixi. Looks like you guys had a fun trip, we went to Cancun on our honeymoon and loved it. I love exceret! Only in Mexico are you protected from dangerous animals with a three-foot high wall.

Streett's said...

Cute pictures! Looks like fun! It's got to be hard to go from that to the stress we are in now! :)

Amber said...

Fun pics, now I want to see some of your home!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Those pictures look fake it is so pretty!! We can't wait to see you guys soon

Kina and Nathan said...

What a fun Christmas get away!! That is such a great idea! Nate and I will have to keep that in mind. Soooo much better then freezing your butt off in Canada! Great pics. I've always wanted to swim with dolphins too but I think I might get a little weirded out by such a big fish...haha. Anyway, we missed seeing you guys up here. Let us know when you come around again, eh?!?! :)

The Clarks said...

Hey Christie! How are you!? Are you going to the draft tomorrow?

Chris and Christy said...

wow, that sounded over-whelming....did you cry? I would've cried! ha, but it sounds like it was all worth it and looks like you had a blast!
*so when are we having a get-2-gether at the new casa??

Jessica said...

Christi you look gorgeous in your fabulous swim outfit! I can't believe those are real pictures. It is way too pretty there. We miss you so much. Can't wait till next visit. Love ya

The Clarks said...

Christi! Christmas was over a month ago! It is time for a new post....perhaps your new house!!! We need to get together! Soon!!!

The Clarks said...

Christi! Hey can you email me your home address??? We need to hang out!!!!!

B Devine said...

Okay, so I got a slide show up thanks to your cute slides, I was inspire to copy them.

I want to see pics of the new house too!

I have to see you soon. We have to plan a trip to meet up with eachother. I don't like not knowing the next time we'll meet up.

Love,
Brittany

The Fuller Family said...

Hey Christi, hows everthing? Your Christmas looks like so much fun. It is so beautiful their.

jon♥kara said...

Wow that looks like such fun Christmas vacation. You look so cute with your braids. We went down to Mexico last spring break and I'm ready to go back again.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Time for an update!!! Can't wait to hang out with you guys again!