Saturday, May 11, 2019

April 2019

April has brought more beautiful weather and I will take it compared to the usual hot temps we start getting around this time of year. We have continued to play outside, ride bikes, go for walks, and enjoy being together. At the start of the month we got to sit and listen to our prophet and other church leaders. It was and is always so spiritual filling. I am grateful to those who take their time to write such eloquent talks and who live their lives worthy to bring such a strong spirit. I have so much to learn and grow from and i am glad I can listen and gain insight on how to do that so I may become the daughter of God he intended me to be. Jon got to take Bailey to the Daddy daughter dance. I picked out a blue dress with flowers on it and some new sandals for her to wear. She looked beautiful and her smile glowed! I loved that Jon surprised her with flowers and new earrings. I had know idea he was going to do that so I thought that was pretty neat he would plan that for her. Sometimes I wonder which of my kids are slipping through the cracks and which ones are thriving. This life is flying by and we as parents have to stay close to the spirit so that we might know how to help each one of our kids. Bailey has been having trouble with friends at school so I hope that she can rise above the drams and fray that comes with gossiping and "mean girls". I will continue to teach her what kind of friend she should be but also what kind of friend she should choose to be around. I am glad she got this one on one time with her dad because I know it made her feel loved and special. The boys also to some one on one time with dad when he took them to the Suns game. It was Jon's first NBA game and I love that they can enjoy that together. We celebrated a lot of birthdays this month. First was my sister Heidi's. We had her over for dinner and hot tubbing. I love getting to visit with her and her husband Bennett. Next was my brother Kyle's. We met at Back Yard Taco to celebrate him with dinner! Finally it was Jon's turn. He turned 37 this year! The kids and I decorated and celebrated by going to dinner, getting him his favorite dessert from Piefection, and gifting him with some fun new things. His favorite was a new smoker grill. He has been using it a lot and the meat is so delicious! Bentley was recognized at school for being a wonderful student and excelling in his studies! We are grateful for his dedication and for the young man he has become! Olivia is now over a year and a half. She is a busy body! She is a little mommy always carrying around dolls, playing in the kitchen, and helping me clean. She can make a mess very quickly but she is quick to help me clean it up and will wave at me like "sorry mom". She is still nursing and absolutely loves it. I have to be careful not to sit down or change in front of her or she will want to nurse. She is our first kid who wanted to nurse this long and stay in her crib this long. It is bittersweet for me because she is our last and i am just trying to soak up all the baby stages while I can. The rest of April went well and we are ready to wrap up another school season in May!

No comments: