Sunday, February 25, 2018

December 2017

December brought many activities for our family as it always does. I fight the feeling of trying to be to everywhere and do everything. I want our family to be able to feel the excitement of the season but also to be able to feel the peace that comes when we are serving others and remembering our Savior Jesus Christ. I will try to sum it up in a few sentences as not to be long winded. I have a hard time not wanting to add every little detail. It drives Jon nuts. Anyway, We had work parties, class parties, church parties, friend parties, family parties, piano concert for Bentley, Birthdays for Bailey and I , Gymnastics and dance performances, prepping for the holidays, neighbor gifts to hand out, Christmas lights at the temple ( which Olivia and I never made it too because it was always too late and cold for her), and we welcomed my sister Heidi home from China on the 19th. It was a fun filled month, and I struggled to keep up but I put less pressure on myself when it came to getting Christmas morning together and it actually turned out quite perfect in the end. It was a magical month and we got to play, serve, work, and be together. That is what the holidays are all about for me. Olivia made the season even brighter with her sweet countenance. We are grateful for the love that we feel from others and hope that we can give some in return. I am grateful for a loving Savior that taught to love all men, to serve all men, and to not judge others. I am grateful for the atonement he made so that I could repent and try again when my efforts are less than. I am grateful I can turn to my Heavenly Father and ask for his help any time any where. I want so bad to be a good wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. I fail a lot but I also feel heavens help and little reminders or tender mercies each day as I strive to do my best. I hope that the kids know that I am not perfect but that I try my best to help them each day. We received so many thoughtful gifts from neighbors this year and have really enjoyed being in our new area. The kids classes put on fun parties and their teachers have been so wonderful. Sophia started preschool this month and got to join in fun class party stuff as well. I get nervous to send her on the bus because she is so small and she doesn't love it but I am hoping she and I will both get the hang of it soon. I miss having her at home but she is receiving much needed social, learning, and speech help while there that she doesn't get at home during the day with me. We loved having my sister Heidi back. We enjoyed spending time on Christmas Eve and Christmas with family. Bailey turned 7 this month. She is such a beautiful, fun, thoughtful girl. She loves to be outside and struggles with homework because her desire to be playing with friends and riding her bike are so strong. She loves gymnastics, singing, dancing, and being with her best friends Nora, Julz, Madison, Ellie, and Taylor. She has the best lips and kisses. She is a good friend to all. She loves the color purple and pink, she loves unicorns, journals, and she has even started having crushes on boys. Heaven help us... I am grateful for her and love the one on one time I get with her because thats when she really opens up. I also enjoyed my birthday and turning 33. I spent it with the family and it couldn't have been a more relaxing and perfect day.

No comments: